Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shorter is better?

Today's post will be brief because a very busy day is ahead. We are trying out a new song leader this Sunday morning and I have offered to help him with his song selection to go along with the sermon as well as putting together the order of worship. I've also got additional preparations of my own to do for Sunday. Perhaps brief messages are better sometimes. We are having a big event at church on November 8. It is "Meet Our New Preacher Day." As part of that we are putting advertisements in the local newspaper to encourage people to come to visit with us. One part of the ad has comments from the members about me and my preaching. A high school senior offered this comment: "Gary Frazier is great. His sermons are short, but he still gets the message across. I feel very proud for having him at our church." I think that is a compliment. I hope you get a chuckle out of it like I did.
Keep your eyes on the prize! Have a great day and an excellent weekend! God bless!

Brethren, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment