Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oogy Tuesday

Have you ever felt oogy? You probably have but you may call it something else. This is a word I use when I'm not feeling just right...not sick...just not feeling tip-top. It may have as much to do with the weather and the time of year as anything. I enjoyed a nice exercise time outside yesterday afternoon. It was cloudy with intermittent mist and very humid but the temperature was only about 72. One thing that may be a factor in my oogyness is that one of the folks at church Sunday told me that ragweed is growing like crazy right now. He said he saw some 12 feet tall! I am not sure if he was pulling my leg or just trying to stay with the theme that everything is bigger in Texas. In the evening I was able to catch up on some cleaning chores in my apartment while watching the Monday Night Football game between the Vikings and Packers. It was an excellent game. You've got to give ol' Brett Favre credit...he's still got it! I woke up at 4:30 this morning with a splitting headache. Whether it was from the weather, ragweed or sleeping in an awkward position, I don't know. I got a couple of ibuprofen and went back to bed. Fortunately it was mostly gone by the time the alarm went off but it is still just kind of hanging around in the back of my head and neck. This morning it is so warm and muggy that it feels like you're walking in pea soup. The weather report is calling for possible severe storms this afternoon through north Texas. I believe it! These things seem to be working together to make me feel a little oogy starting off today but I am confident it will get better as the day progresses.
Well, I'd better quit babbling and get to work. Hope everyone has a better than oogy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment