Thursday, October 8, 2009

Long, but good, day on Wednesday

Upon arriving at my office yesterday morning, the first thing I did was write another blog entry. I'm getting into that habit on Monday through Thursday then I usually take a break from it on the weekend and Sunday. Afterward it was a full day of study and preparation for Bible class last night as well as final preparations for lessons this Sunday. The exercise time out at the park was good with nice, mild temperatures but the humidity must have been close to 100%. I've gotten acquainted with a Hispanic fellow named Manuel who is probably in his mid-60's and is always there when I am. He always wears work clothes like he works in a machine shop or is a mechanic. He is real friendly but he speaks about as much English as I do Spanish. But we are able to greet each other and exchange a few pleasantries so that's nice.
After the exercise it was back to the apartment to clean up and dash to the Family Life Center where we feed the teenagers every week at 6 p.m. A good number of adults come as well and it is a good time of fellowship for all of us. From there it was directly to my adult Bible class where we are studying Dr. Neil Lightfoot's book, How We Got The Bible. It is an interesting study. Dr. Lightfoot was a long time professor at Abilene Christian and a well-respected scholar. You can get an updated version of his book at amazon.com for around $10-15. After Bible class we had our monthly elder, deacon, ministry leader and minister meeting. It was a good and productive meeting but by the time it was over at 10:15 p.m., I was about worn out for the day. It was a blessing to get to lie down in my nice, comfortable bed and close my eyes to rest.
This morning I've got several things to wrap up as quickly as I can and head north to Arkansas. I'm looking forward to meeting with my Thursday evening Bible study group in Springdale, but most of all to see Merilyn, Sarah and Blake. The weather forecast is calling for rain most of the way so I'm going to try to get away a little earlier than normal in case it slows me down.
As always, thanks for reading. Let anyone else who you think may be interested know about my blog. Have a good weekend and may God bless you!

The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. (Numbers 6:24-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment