Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A good Monday!

Why does Monday have such a bad reputation? Is it worse than any other day of the week? It seems to me that Monday has gotten a bad rap because most folks have been off work on Saturday and Sunday and they are not ready to go back to work on Monday. Therefore, Monday is to be blamed for them having to return to work and anything negative that happens on Monday further reinforces the idea that Monday is inherently a bad day. Poor, poor Monday. The way you feel about Monday is just about like anything else that you do not particularly like. If you change your attitude about it, you will change the way you feel about it. Be glad you are healthy enough to go to work on Monday. Be glad you have a job. Be glad you live in America where there are still many great opportunities, even in a struggling economy. See? It's better already!
I had a really good Monday yesterday. It was cool, gray and rainy all day long and it is even more chilly this morning. My car thermometer said 48; had to get a jacket. Anyway, back to Monday. The work in the office flowed very well. I consulted with our representative at the local newspaper about an advertisement for the "Meet Our New Preacher Day" at the church on November 8. They did an excellent job on it. We are aiming at a goal to have 200 in our morning worship on that day. After I met with the folks at the newspaper, I went over to visit at the home of one of the members who had asked me to come over. He makes handcrafted pens from unusual materials and showed me a display case of some of his work. He then let me pick out one for Merilyn and one for myself. I got her one made of live oak wood. Mine is made of deer antler. They are both beautiful.
Since it was raining in the afternoon my elder friend let me come over to use the treadmill at their home. His wife invited me to stay for supper but I declined because I was all sweaty and also because Merilyn had sent me some homemade chili when I returned to Texas on Saturday. I explained to his wife that I had been looking forward to the chili all day and since it had been rainy and cool all day, it would be a perfect evening for a bowl of hot chili. She understood.
In the evening I got a load of laundry going then went back to the office to make some phone calls. Then in between taking care of the laundry and watching the Redskins get stomped by the Eagles, I even got some more studying done. So, all in all, a very good Monday!
I forgot to mention yesterday that Adam got a big boost over the weekend. The Texas A & M football team has been having some major struggles lately and they went to Lubbock to play the Texas Tech Red Raiders. The Raiders are a tough football team. I thought the Aggies were going to get slaughtered. When Adam called on Saturday evening to tell me the Aggies won by a score of 52-30, I could hardly believe it! Of course, he was thrilled and now has hope that the Ags can win enough games to become eligible to go to a postseason bowl game.
It is a gorgeous Tuesday morning in north Texas...blue sky, no clouds, cool, crisp fresh air. Count your blessings and be happy today!

This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment