Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Guess what?! Guess what?!

Can you tell I'm really excited? (Not really). It's raining again. Now I like rain as much as anyone. I want it to rain with some regularity but this is going on about two weeks straight of gray, cloudy, dreary weather. It has not rained every day in that time but there has been little to no sunshine either. The weather man last night was saying that the area has received an average of 8" of rain already in October and the average for the month is usually around 4". That's about enough of my whining and complaining for the day. It seems to be one of the quirks of our human nature, doesn't it? When it's hot, we want it cooler. When it's cold, we want it warmer. When it's dry, we want rain. When it's rainy, we want it dry. It would be good if we could just learn to be grateful, wouldn't it?
Yesterday was one of the more productive days I've had in a while, especially for a Monday. Thoughts and words were flowing so that I was able to get a good jump on the week's work. If this keeps up, I may be able towards the end of the week to put away the rest of my stuff after moving into my office. Yes, I still have a few stacks of stuff that are sitting out. But even if I do say so myself, 96% of my office looks really good.
I got a call from our church secretary late yesterday afternoon. She went to the doctor and found she has a full-blown case of bronchitis which is on the verge of becoming walking pneumonia. The doctor put her on antibiotics and said she needs to stay home until at least Thursday. I encouraged her to be sure to do that. Another call came to the office to let me know that a 15 month old boy who was visiting his grandmother here on Sunday morning was taken to the hospital on Sunday evening with the flu. I'm using my Germ-X several times every day, especially if I touch anything out in public like a shopping cart, gas pump, door handle, etc. Do all you can to keep yourself healthy!
Boy, the sports writers in the Dallas Morning News were blasting the Cowboys and coach Wade Phillips with both barrels in the paper yesterday. The Cowboys beat the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday night but it was an ugly game. The Chiefs are one of the worst teams in the league right now and the Cowboys just barely beat them. Jerry Jones said in a TV interview last week that he was going to stick with coach Phillips through this season, but it wouldn't surprise me too much to see him change his mind. There are not too many happy Cowboys fans in Big D right now.
My TTD list (Things To Do) is calling for my attention. Even though the weather may be gray and dreary, remember the love and goodness of God towards you so that your heart and mind may be illuminated with His radiance, joy and peace.

For it is the God who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. (2 Corinthians 4:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment