Wednesday, October 21, 2009

And the rains came...again

I am sitting here drying off after my dash to the car this morning. It sure would be nice if apartment owners would offer garages to their tenants, or at least covered parking with covered walkways. Can you tell that I am missing the nice comfy garage with the automatic door opener back home? The rain is supposed to be short-lived this time, lasting just through this evening and into tomorrow morning. The forecast is for 2-3" during the day and into the evening. Then a cold front is supposed to come through to lower the daytime high temperatures into the mid 50's. My farmer friend at church says the rain is coming at just the wrong time for him. He is trying to get what is left of his cotton crop harvested and about the time the fields dry out enough to get into them, here comes another dose of rain. But as another friend at church said, we better be grateful for it when we can get it. True!
While loading some of my pictures from our adventures last weekend on Facebook, I saw a message from some good friends in Springdale that their little kindergarten age boy, Lane, is sick with swine flu. Please remember him in your prayers. It seems that this illness is hitting youngsters harder than anyone else.
Sarah has been troubled with a nagging cough for the past week or so, especially at night when she lays down to try to sleep. I was reading the Dallas Morning News last night before I went to bed and I saw something that might help. There is a column that runs weekly called "The People's Pharmacy" written by a couple named Graedon . They are both pharmacists. People write in with questions and comments about medicines and unusual remedies which have been found to work. The one that made me call Sarah was that people have found relief from persistent cough by rubbing Vicks Vapo-Rub on the soles of their feet. I know it sounds crazy, but the Graedons said they have had that verified by others even though they have no idea how or why it would work. Sarah said she had some and was going to try it. I'm anxious to talk to her today to see if it worked.
Speaking of work, I'd better wrap this up and get to my work for the day. I hope your day is filled with showers of blessings from God!

Whatever your task, work heartily, as serving the Lord and not men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward; you are serving the Lord Christ.
(Colossians 3:23-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment