Monday, September 21, 2009

On the road again

This morning I will head back to Arkansas for a visit with Merilyn, Sarah and Blake, to meet with my Thursday night Bible study group, and to meet with the Washington County Equalization Board. It has been a busy weekend and Sunday. On Thursday, we had the funeral for the brother who passed away early last week and in the evening a group of us went to the Eastern European Missions dinner at the Hilton Lincoln Center in Dallas. On Friday I worked in the office most of the day except for going to the emergency room at the local hospital to see one of our men who was taken ill. They finally determined he had a blood clot in a lung, started him on anticoagulant therapy and sent him to Baylor in Dallas. He is doing much better now. I worked in the office again on Saturday since I will be in Arkansas most of this week. It was a nice surprise on Saturday morning when I heard back from a couple who I had called on Friday to see if I could come to visit them. They have been visiting in our worship for the past several weeks and are not members. They invited me for supper Saturday evening and we talked about their desire to become members of the church. We will have some Bible study time together so they can understand God's teaching about what it means to become a disciple and then see what they decide. Sunday was a good day with attendance continuing to improve and new visitors coming. The members of the congregation are excited and enthusiastic as they see good things happening. The church members are telling me continually how glad they are that I have come to work with them. Of course, that is encouraging and makes me feel good. It is most encouraging to see how they are responding to the preaching and teaching of God's Word.

It is just about time for me to start heading north to Arkansas. I'm not sure how many more entries I will have this week but I will try to have another one or two and then get back on a regular schedule starting next Monday. God bless!

Each new day is an opportunity to start all over again...to cleanse our hearts and minds anew and to clarify our vision. And let us not clutter up today with the leavings of other days. (author unknown)

Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining forward to what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13-14)

1 comment:

  1. Gary, I've had several people tell me they miss you saying, "Tell someone you love them."

    We love you and Merilyn!!!

    ReplyDelete