Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Great weekend, Sunday and Labor Day

What was so great about it?, you may ask. For me the great thing was that Merilyn got to come to Ennis, arriving around 2:30 p.m. Saturday and staying until around 11 a.m. on Monday. Before she arrived I fortunately had time to get the apartment cleaned up and straightened up. I have to admit that I tend to slip back into "bachelor mode" a little bit, if you get my drift. Of course, Merilyn brought Mollie, our new little Maltese puppy, with her. She's a lot of fun, but those puppy teeth sure are sharp! We didn't do anything big...just enjoyed being together, watched some football and NASCAR on TV, and ran around Ennis and Waxahachie some. Yesterday (Monday) was our 35th wedding anniversary. Although Merilyn had to leave to go back to Springdale in the late morning, we were glad that we could at least be together for part of the day. Adam, Sarah and Blake all seem to be doing well so we have many blessings for which to be thankful.
The church had an official "Welcome" fellowship for us on Sunday while Merilyn was here. Even though it was the Labor Day holiday, we had good attendance in worship and an excellent turn-out for the fellowship meal. As part of the welcome, the church presented me with the gift of a nice microfiber love seat to put in my office. My office here is bigger than what I had in Springdale so the love seat is a great addition and it goes great with the new paint job in the office as well as my other office furnishings.. Everyone in the church family here really seems to be excited and happy that I am here to work with them. A number of folks have told me over the course of the past month that they were afraid that I was going to take the job in Honolulu. It was a tough decision, but I believe I am where the Lord wants me right now. As the past few years have taught me, who knows what the future will bring? The only one who knows is God. God has demonstrated many times that as long as we will follow Him in faith, He will give us the guidance and blessings we need at the proper time. Faith certainly does not mean the pathway is always easy, but we know that it is always best.
Have a great day!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones. (Proverbs 3:5-8)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you 2 got to spend time together. Happy Anniversary and Birthday.

    ReplyDelete