Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Exciting day ahead!

One of the efforts I am making in the church family here is to get out into the homes of as many of the members as I can so we can have a time to visit and get to know one another better. To help facilitate this I put a sign up sheet out each Sunday for folks to let me know when would be a good time to come. This past Sunday two of our widow ladies signed up for an afternoon visit for today and one of our couples signed up for an evening visit as well as inviting me to come to have supper with them. These visits would make the day exciting enough, but then I got a phone call early yesterday afternoon from a young man. His folks are long time members of the congregation. He and his wife have attended sporadically in the past but they have been attending regularly since I came to Ennis. They are both professional people, probably in their late 20's or early 30's. He called to ask if I was busy on Tuesday evening. My first thought was that they wanted to have me over to their home for a visit. When I explained that I had plans with the couple for supper and a visit in their home, he asked if we could work out a time for them to come to the church building because he and his wife had been talking a lot over the past few weeks and they have decided to be baptized. I nearly fell out of my chair! I told him how excited I was that they made this decision and to pick out a time that would be convenient for them and I would make it work. So they are coming at 4 p.m. to be baptized into Christ. I am looking forward to announcing that to the church this Sunday. Everyone will be thrilled!

There is a nice nip in the air this morning. My car thermometer had a reading of 61 degrees but it felt even cooler than that. After 95 degrees on Sunday afternoon, this feels mighty good to me! There are even a few trees around here that are starting to show some autumn colors.

Since my afternoon and evening are booked up, I had better close this and get as much done as I can this morning. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment