Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm baaaaccckkk!

If you have never seen the old Poltergeist movies, then the title above may not make any sense to you. Get the movies and watch the whole series and then you will understand. These days we all have so much spare time that you will undoubtedly be able to work that into your schedule soon (Ha,ha!).
I am back in Ennis from my trip to Arkansas last week. It was an excellent trip but so busy that I did not have a chance to write any blogs while I was there. On Monday evening I got home just in time for a nice thunderstorm. On Tuesday morning I met with the Washington County Board of Equalization in an effort to get them to revise the valuation on our house for tax purposes; they said they will take it under advisement and let us know something soon. Later in the morning I visited with some folks at the Robinson Avenue church office. In the evening we had dinner with friends and then later a visit with other friends in their home. On Wednesday morning I had a chiropractor appointment and had to take my car to get an oil change. In the evening, Merilyn and I went to a home Bible study with some friends. On Thursday morning I took Merilyn's car for an oil change. In the evening I met with my Thursday evening Bible study group. In between all of these things I was staying busy trying to get ready for a garage sale which we had on Friday morning. As things slacked up a bit around noon I got a bite of lunch and then did yard work for the rest of the afternoon. In the evening we went to dinner with friends and then to the Springdale High vs. Har-Ber High football game. On Saturday morning we got everything wrapped up from the garage sale, got my laundry done, and got packed up to come back to Texas. It was a busy, busy week but Merilyn and I got a lot done and we surely enjoyed the opportunity to visit with friends and family while I was in Springdale.
We had good Bible study and worship times in the Ennis church yesterday. Several of our folks were absent with some going to a congregation in Duncanville for a missions meeting and others involved in activities at the Texas Motorplex just outside of town for the NHRA Fall Nationals drag racing competition. I had a great surprise in the evening as Mary Ellen Cate from Springdale was with us for worship. She is down here in Waxahachie visiting her sons Rick and Mark and their family. It was a treat to see her.
Fall is definitely coming. Even down here in Texas you can feel a bit of a cool nip in the air in the early morning. As I went up through Oklahoma and Arkansas last week it was evident that the trees are starting to get a tinge of autumn color. God is good to us. Be thankful for His many abundant blessings every day!

The heavens are telling the glory of God and the firmament proclaims His handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night declares knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words; their voice is not heard; yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. (Psalm 19:1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment