Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Wow! In my younger years, I thought I would never make it to 39 years old...or is it 49 today? OK, OK, I'm 56 today and proud of it! God has given me many wonderful years years to enjoy, especially with the blessing of my wife, our children (including Blake, our new son-in-law), our parents and our extended family. Life is good!
Speaking of Blake, it sounds like he may have the flu. Sarah says he has been running a pretty high fever and feeling rotten. He stopped a car last week for running a stop sign or red light (I can't remember which). When he approached the car, he noticed several sick looking people in the car and a sack from a pharmacy. The woman driver was crying so Blake asked her what was wrong. She said, "We all have the swine flu!" He backed off, told her to be more careful and let her go, but I suppose he could have picked up a bug even from that. He's got a doctor appointment today. Keep him in your prayers and Sarah, too, that she won't get sick.
Yesterday my doctor friend and elder took me to lunch at the local hospital. I got to meet several doctors and other staff folks. He took me into the doctor's lounge where I saw a remarkable machine. It is a portable Starbucks machine that will make quite a variety of coffee drinks, grinding the beans as it does so, as well as making hot cocoa. I've seen cartoons before about how there are so many Starbucks, you may have one show up in your living room. Maybe that's not too far-fetched!
There's a busy day ahead so I better shut this down and get to work. Hope you have an excellent day today. Always keep God first!

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day. (Matthew 6:33-34)

No comments:

Post a Comment