Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A plus for southern latitudes

There is at least one definite benefit to living in Ennis, Texas. Yesterday afternoon I was able to go out for my exercise after work wearing only shorts and a short sleeve shirt. It was absolutely gorgeous: blue sky, sunshine, very little breeze, 71 degrees...and on December 14! I have to admit that it is not going to stay that way very long. In fact, the temperature this morning is back down to freezing and it is supposed to be colder for the rest of the week, but it was surely nice yesterday. Merilyn tells me the low temperature was to be back down around 20 in northwest Arkansas last night. I suppose there are advantages and disadvantages no matter where you live. The best thing is for us to learn to be like the apostle Paul in the comments he makes as shown below. Have a great day today!

"Not that I complain of want; for I have learned, in whatever state I am, to be content. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound; in any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and want. I can do all things in Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment