Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cold enough for ya?

The nice little Czech lady who cleans the church building was in the office area when I got to work this morning. After greeting one another and talking for a minute, she asked me, "How do you like our cold Texas weather?" I was honest and said, "I don't!" She laughed and said she did not like it either. It's mighty cold for this early in the season; it's not even officially winter yet! The lows in the Dallas area were in the low 20's but I know it was even colder up in the Springdale area. Merilyn told me that the low there was supposed to be around 10 last night...brrrr! At least we are not getting hammered with the heavy snow like the folks in the upper Midwest. I am surely thankful to God for our modern conveniences that enable us to be protected from the harsh extremes of the weather.
This is my weekend to go to Arkansas. I am sure looking forward to seeing family and friends. I'll leave as soon as I get things wrapped up here in the office and get my stuff together at the apartment so I'm going to make this brief today. Have a good weekend. God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, when you come back up bring a guy for me so I can use some of that mistletoe!!! Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, Tana, would you really trust me to pick out a guy for you?!?

    ReplyDelete