Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pictures from Lion's Park

Sunset across the lake at the park
Another sunset shot
Closer view of pavilion and lamp post lookout
Lamp post lookout over the lake
Lake view from part of the trail
Part of the trail and a white limestone bridge
Winding through a grove of trees
From the parking lot looking toward the pavilion

When I went out for my Monday afternoon exercise yesterday, I remembered my comment in the blog post about getting some pictures of the park. I took my camera along and here are some shots so you can see what it's like. The pictures loaded in reverse order from what I intended so start at the bottom and go up.
It was chilly yesterday! The high temp was about 55 and there was a 10-15 mph wind all day. I had to go to Wal-Mart and buy a sweat top before going out. Even then I was pretty cool during the exercise time but it was a beautiful afternoon as you can see from the pictures. I've had to scale back my exertion level considerably because of the pulled hamstring. I'm still able to do my regular four miles with fast walking and light jogging so I'm grateful for that. In some ways I suppose I'm an exercise addict...I don't always feel like doing it, but I sure miss it when I am not able to work out.
It is cold this morning...the church secretary came in a little while ago and said they had some frost out around their place in the country. The warmth will return quickly here, though, with high temps back in the 60's by tomorrow. Stay warm wherever you are and have a good day today!

Have nothing to do with godless and silly myths. Train yourself in godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. (1 Timothy 4:7-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment