Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dealing with challenges

Who enjoys challenges, difficulties and obstacles in our lives? Not many people, if any, enjoy it when troubles come. But the fact is that they come to all of us in one form or another. My mother sent me a poem recently that has an excellent message about dealing with challenges. It is called "It's In The Valleys I Grow" and was written by a lady named Jane Eggleston.

Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe.
It's then I have to remember
That it's in the valleys I grow.

If I always stayed on the mountain top
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love
And would be living in vain.

I have so much to learn
And my growth is very slow.
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valleys I grow.

I do not always understand
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing.
My Lord will see me through.

My little valleys are nothing
When I picture Christ on the cross.
He went through the valley of death;
His victory was Satan's loss.

Forgive me, Lord, for complaining
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder
That it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me, Lord,
And use my life each day
To share your love with others
And help them find their way.

Thank you for valleys, Lord,
For this one thing I know:
The mountain tops are glorious,
But it's in the valleys I grow!

I hope this poem will be an encouragement to you, whether you are going through any major challenges right now or not. As the Scriptures below tell us, God is always with us and will work out everything for our ultimate good as long as we will be faithful and obedient to Him. Have a great day today!

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have; for He has said, "I will never fail you nor forsake you." Hence we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid; what can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:5-6)

We know that in everything God works for good with those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)

Count it all joy, my brethren, when you meet various trials for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (James 1:2-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment