Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday morning

It's one of those Monday mornings for me today...I'm tired, didn't sleep that well last night, and the weather is cloudy, cold, and raining off and on. It's one of those mornings when you think it would be nice to turn off the alarm clock and stay in your warm bed. It's just hard to get your motor going and running on all cylinders. I've had my morning hot green tea, but I may have to get a cup of hot chocolate with a pinch of instant coffee to help me get going good.
It was a very good weekend. I enjoyed a trip back to Springdale and had a busy, productive time there. We had an excellent Bible study group meeting on Thursday evening. Afterward, Merilyn and I helped Blake and Sarah in their move to a new, nicer apartment. They had short notice and were really scrambling so we pitched in to help Thursday and Friday evenings as much as we could. It's going to be a much better situation for them. I spent the day Friday running errands and got to see several folks. In between, I was able to go to the chiropractor, do my laundry (with Merilyn's help), work on our income tax information for the accountant, go through the past two weeks worth of mail and bills, and work on the vacuum cleaner which I hope I got fixed so we won't have to go buy a new one.
The drive back to Ennis Saturday afternoon was pleasant with beautiful sunshine and blue skies. The sunset was especially pretty Saturday evening. We had a good day in worship and Bible study on Sunday. Our youth minister and teens were gone to Houston for a youth event, but we still had a good crowd on Sunday morning with several visitors. Although my cold has subsided considerably, when I was singing and then started preaching I guess the vibrations in my head got my sinus drainage working and my throat irritated so I started coughing about halfway through the sermon. One of the good brothers went out to get me a cup of water and that helped a bunch. We announced the selection of four new men to serve as deacons for the church. I believe everyone is encouraged with the quality of these men who have agreed to serve with the three men we currently have as deacons.
The 2010 Winter Olympics did not interest me too much as they got started, but I got more interested as the USA teams began to do so well. I especially enjoyed the speed skating, downhill skiing, bobsled and hockey competitions. I was glad to see the Canadian girl skater win a medal after her mother passed away. I was rooting for the US hockey team to win the gold, but I was also kind of pulling for the Canada team to win since hockey is such a big deal for their country.
I think I'm going to cook some water and make that cup of hot chocolate/coffee mix to see if I can kick-start the day a little better. I hope all of you have an excellent day today and the first week of March. Spring is coming! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment