Monday, March 15, 2010

In and around Dallas and Arkansas

Looking back over this past week, it seems as if it was about a month long. On Monday morning I got into the office early to get some needed work done because I was going to Springdale in the afternoon. Usually I go on Thursday and Friday but I had been talking to some car dealers about trading for a smaller, more economical car. The best deal finally came from a Mazda dealer in Bentonville so now I am driving a Mazda 3. It's more of a sporty looking car and it has a sporty feel in driving. You know the Mazda motto: Zoom-zoom! It fits. Yesterday I filled up the first tank of combined city and highway miles and it came out to 33 mpg. When it's broken in well, I expect to get 26-27 in town and 35-37 on the road. That will definitely be a positive impact on the wallet.
While in Arkansas, Merilyn and I were able to meet with the Bible study group on Tuesday evening instead of Thursday. It's always a blessing to be with these Christian friends. I was also able to get quite a few chores and "honey-dos" done while I was there; that's always good. I'm proud of my wife! After I got back to Ennis, she called one morning to say she was getting ready for work and felt wetness at her feet. She looked under her bathroom sink and saw a water leak. She didn't panic. She just turned off the water valves at the supply lines, cleaned up the mess, and called to tell me about it. What a woman! It should be a fairly easy fix for me the next time I'm home.
I got up early Wednesday to come back to Ennis and was back in the office around 1 p.m. The rest of the week was non-stop busy but it was all good. On Saturday I ran an errand up to Farmers Branch in north Dallas. To get there I drove north up I-45 then hit I-635 west. Coming back I went a few miles further west on I-635 and got on I-35 south which goes around the western side of Dallas and then down to Waxahachie. At Waxahachie I then take Hwy 287 12-14 miles back over to Ennis. One sight I noticed as I went down I-35 is the old home of the Dallas Cowboys, Texas Stadium. On April 11, it is going to be imploded and demolished now that the Cowboys have their new home out in JerryWorld. So, if you want to get a last look, you'd better hurry!
It seems that Spring has arrived in this part of the world. We've been enjoying temperatures in the 60's and 70's. Merilyn tells me it's not gotten to northwest Arkansas yet but it should be there soon so all you cold and wet Arkies just be patient.
Hope every one has a good week. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment