Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring is coming!

This past week saw some pretty wild swings in the weather in north Texas. At the first of the week it was more like late Winter and by the end of the week it was more like Spring. Friday was a beautiful day. I got to wear shorts and a t-shirt to go out for exercising for the first time in quite a while. There are already some buttercups blooming and a few of the early blooming shrubs are starting to show some blooms, too. According to the news reporters, this should be an outstanding year for the bluebonnets because of all the rain. When they come out, I'll take some pictures and post them here.
Everything is going well with the church here in Ennis. We lost one of our leading men to cancer last week. He put up a valiant fight but it finally got to the point that the doctors at M.D. Anderson in Houston said there was nothing more they could do. Two days later he passed away. It seems to me that if there is no hope for getting better, then it is a blessing to pass on quickly. On a brighter note, we have been in the process of selecting new deacons for the church and have identified four good men who have agreed to serve. They will be appointed on March 21.
It looks like I will be heading to Arkansas today instead of Thursday. I've been talking to a couple of car dealers about trading so I can get into a vehicle with lower payments and better gas mileage. We haven't come to a final agreement yet but it looks like I will be trading for a Mazda 3. Since I will be up there, we've been able to arrange our Bible study group for Tuesday evening instead of Thursday. I always look forward to being back with these friends and discussing the Scriptures together. If any of you want to join us, you would be welcome.
There's lots to do before I can get away this afternoon so that's all for now. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment