Monday, February 1, 2010










These pictures are not from Ennis, Texas! This past weekend was my time to go back to Arkansas. With the winter forecast, I decided to leave Wednesday evening after Bible study and got home around 1:45 a.m. on Thursday. The winter weather hit around 4-5 p.m. with ice that changed to heavy snow. The first picture is on Friday morning with just about 2" on the ground. Sarah came over with Chloe. The dogs play in the snow just like kids. Merilyn and Sarah take pictures of them just like they are kids (me, too, I have to admit). In the fourth picture Mollie is looking like, "Do I have to go inside now?" She played some more and came up with the snow face in the next picture. On Saturday morning the snow had piled up to around 6-7". I went out to clear the front porch and steps of snow and then also had to chip away 1/4" of ice. There is a picture of a clear spot that shows the depth of the snow. The next picture is a wider view of the yard (at the lower left, that's the same bush as in the previous picture) and part of the road in front of our house. The next picture shows the spectator I had while I was outside doing the work on the front steps. The last two pictures I made while driving in Oklahoma somewhere between Sallisaw and Checotah as I was on my way back to Ennis on Saturday afternoon. As I drove south from northwest Arkansas on I-540, the snowfall diminished toward Ft. Smith, but then over into Oklahoma in this one area it looked to be as heavy or maybe even heavier than what we had in Springdale. There was an area with lots of big cedar trees and the snow was especially beautiful. By the way, you can click on any of the pictures to get a larger view then navigate back to the blog with the back button of your browser.
As always, it was a great blessing to be able to have a visit with Merilyn and to see Sarah and Blake. Because of the weather, we did not get to have our Bible study group but we will get back to that in two weeks. All the folks at the church in Ennis were glad to see me back safely and we enjoyed a good day yesterday. Merilyn said that they are out of school again today (Monday) and this begins the count of days they will have to make up as the allotment of bad weather days has been used up now. For all of you in the areas of snow and ice, be careful, stay warm, and enjoy this glory of God's creation. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment