Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Picture Potpourri








You know what a potpourri is? If I understand right, it is just a mixture of stuff and that is what you are seeing with these pictures. As I was going to my apartment from work Monday evening, I noticed the gorgeous sunset across the water at a park along the way so I went back last night to get some pictures. Notice the big blue heron at the end of the jetty in the top picture. I spooked him, he growled at me with a noise I've never heard out of a bird before and took off. There were herons all over the place around the lake.
Adam came up to see me last weekend and brought his newly framed diploma from Texas A & M. This picture does not do it justice but I knew some family and friends would want to see it.
A friend told me not long ago that I needed to put some pictures of the dogs on the blog. That is nosy Mollie, Merilyn's puppy, trying to get into someone's stocking. Then that is Mollie in Merilyn's arms and Chloe in Sarah's arms at our Christmas dinner table...no, the dogs did not get to eat at the table with us.
Everything is going well here in Texas. The weather is warming up nicely. When I went out to exercise on Monday, it was around 58 degrees and it is supposed to be even a bit warmer today. This is my weekend to go to Arkansas to see Merilyn and to be with my Bible study group on Thursday evening so this will be my last entry until Monday. By the way, if any Springdale area folks want to join us, you would be welcome. Call my cell phone at 479-466-1263 and I'll give you the info.
Be sure to root for the Dallas Cowboys this weekend! Enjoy the blessings God gives you and remember to be grateful!

Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit, do not despise prophesying, but test everything; hold fast what is good, abstain from every form of evil. May the God of peace sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, and He will do it. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-24)

No comments:

Post a Comment