Tuesday, August 25, 2009

HOT in Texas!

When I say it is HOT in Texas during the month of August, you may say, "Well, duh!" Most of the time I make a point to stay inside where it is cool. I sure am grateful that God gave somebody sense enough to invent air conditioning! My big problem with the heat yesterday was that I needed a place to exercise. I used to go outside to exercise all the time but when Merilyn and I bought a treadmill a few years ago, I've gotten to where I exercise indoors almost all the time. The treadmill is back in Arkansas so I went outside at 4:45 p.m. to a nice walking/jogging trail that has been built around a lake and park here in town. It was 102 degrees when I started and it was 100 when I finished 45 minutes later. It was a good workout but I think I'm going to start looking around to see if I can find a good, used treadmill to stick inside some place!

Here's a bit of information that may be of interest if you are looking for something to do during the Memorial Day holiday: The National Polka Festival is held here in Ennis during that time. There is quite a large Czech population in this area. I don't know if that has anything to do with the Polka Festival being here or not, but it may be part of their heritage. At any rate, there will be lots of activity and good ethnic foods to enjoy. And who knows? Maybe Steve Urkel will show up! Hope you have a great day today! Give God first place in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment